Office Assistant, Part-Time Hrly - School 3-8pm & Summer 10-3pm
Boys and Girls Country of Houston
Position: Part-Time, School hours 3-8pm and Summer hours 10am-3pm
Location: Boys and Girls Country, Student Life Center Building
Reports To: Clinical Director
This is a part-time hourly position that reports to the Clinical Director and is assigned to specific areas of responsibility throughout the Student Life Center (SLC). This position serves as the first point of contact for resident sessions held in the Student Life Center. Communication is conducted in person and on the phone. This position aids residents and houseparent’s by ensuring the arrival to scheduled sessions held in the SLC, and ensures appointments happen in a timely manner. This position responds to, reminds and inquiries about arrival times of those assigned to SLC sessions. This position requires a mature, responsible, reliable and dependable individual who is able to manage their time effectively.
- Make follow-up calls at least 15 minutes prior to resident sessions held in the SLC to ensure residents are on time.
- Go to meet residents if a houseparent is on by themselves and needs someone to walk the student to the SLC
- Monitor residents coming to the SLC by having them sign in when arriving and sign out once they have completed their visit. (This log should be turned in each night and not left at the desk)
- Guide residents on their wait downstairs (with house parent when applicable) in the SLC Lobby until the residents’ counselor is available for them to go upstairs or to the downstairs counselor’s office.
- Once the resident has completed their session have them wait downstairs in the SLC Lobby until houseparent picks them up or confirms that they can walk back to their cottage alone or go to the Ed Lab.
- Inform residents wanting to participate in Recreation Room activities that this room is “Off Limits” during counseling sessions downstairs.
- Record counseling information and uphold confidentiality of this information.
- Help during report card season to calculate GPA’s for individuals, cottages and campus.
- Help the Director of Education as needed to schedule interviews for potential summer tutors.
- Upkeep of the SLC recreation rooms and gym
- Organize and upkeep the SLC storage closets.
- Assist with Holiday decorations in the SLC
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of one-year office experience
- Telephone skills
- Basic computer skills such as working knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Word
- General knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent organizational/public relation skills and ability to work with all levels of management and children.
- Supports our mission, to change the lives of children from families in crisis by loving and nurturing the children you interact with in the office and on campus.
- Must be cleared through a criminal background and FBI fingerprinting.
- Must be cleared through a pre-hire drug test panel.
- TB testing
Boys and Girls Country’s mission is to change the lives of children from families in crisis by loving and nurturing children in a Christian home, raising them to become self-sustaining and contributing adults. Boys and Girls Country serves more than 80 children and young adults. Boys and Girls Country is located 35 miles northwest of Houston (www.boysandgirlscountry.org).