Facility Skilled Maintenance for Residential Community
The Skilled Maintenance position is a forty hours per week Monday through Sunday, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Operations.
The Skilled Maintenance position is responsible for the timely completion of maintenance requests as well as the general upkeep of Boys and Girls Country facilities. The responsibilities of the Skilled Maintenance position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance needs of all Boys and Girls Country properties.
- Performs all Maintenance Requests as economical as possible and still maintain high quality standards. Be a good steward of Boys and Girls Country resources.
- Respond to after hour emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping the Operations Center clean and in good running order.
- Has a working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and basic maintenance.
- Ensures that all safety rules and regulations are followed at all times to include the wearing and use of proper safety protection gear when required.
- Assist with the student Apprentice Program to help teach kids new skills.
- Must be cleared through a criminal background and FBI fingerprinting
- Pre-hire drug testing
- TB Testing
- Must have at least two years of experience in the maintenance field
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must display a positive attitude and show support of Boys and Girls Country's mission and values at all times.
Boys and Girls Country’s mission is to change the lives of children from families in crisis by loving and nurturing them in a home, raising them to become self-sustaining and contributing adults.
Boys and Girls Country serves up to 88 boys and girls aged five to eighteen and 14-20 young adults in our College and Career program. Boys and Girls Country is located 35 miles northwest of Houston.